Wednesday, November 30, 2016

77th Annual Meeting

Idaho Farm Bureau Awards Frank and Susan Priestley the Presidents Cup

Boise--A Former Idaho Farm Bureau President and first lady were awarded the IFBF President's Cup for service to the organization they served for two decades.

Frank and Susan Priestley of Franklin came up through Farm Bureau from the county level more than three decades ago.

IFBF President Bryan Seale awarded the Cup saying the Priestley's are mentors and an inspiration to him, first as a Young Farmer and Rancher, then as a Board Member and now President. 

"Whenever I see you, All I can think of is what an inspriation you've been to me," Seale said at the Annual Convention Award Banquet. The Priestleys served on the State Board, 10 years before Frank was elected President, where he served some 20 years.

"It started way back in YF&R's when we served on the County Board, County Chair, we became Vice President and then President, ran for the State Board and the rest is history," said Frank Priestley. After serving for so long and finally sitting in the Presidents chair, it was humbling."

Susan Priestley has worked beside Frank through the years, attending countless meetings with him, patiently taking notes and what began as a few notebooks has turned into a storage shed library where she's documented thousands upon thousands of meetings.

"The first notes I took were on the State's Womens Committe, the Western Leadership Conference decades ago, I took notes because I wanted to remember as much as could from those meetings and they helped me remember and have served as a journal, a diary. My plans? I might go back and write a Farm Bureau history,"said Susan Priestley.

Frank Priestley says that Farm Bureau and its dedicated members mentored him during his 20 year rein as IFBF President.

"I think you learn from everybody," Priestley says. "And I surely was mentored by each and every Farm Bureau member, period. Whether it was from President Stallman or a county leader you learn something if you just listen. I really appreciate Farm Bureau and the way they do things," he said.

Susan Priestley says Farm Bureau gave her priceless opportunities to travel and learn.

"One of things that I have appreciated about all the leadership training I've had, is that you take that with you in all aspects of life. Whether its in the community, a Lion's Club, church work whatever you do, you take that leadership training with you and thats been a blessing in my life," said Susan Priestley.

A standing ovation, cheered the presentation of the Cup to the Priestleys, Life long members of Farm Bureau, an organization that they credit with enriching their lives.

"When I think of Farm Bureau, I think of Family, I always do and always will," said Frank Priestley, Thank you for the Cup and the memories."





No comments:

Just in

US Ban Brazil Beef Imports Washington-The United States announced Thursday the immediate suspension of all imports of beef products...